Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/21 19:51:37 UTC

Migrating site from forrest to maven

Hi!

I'd like to know if there is some kind of tool or previous experiences
to share in the migration of documentation from a project that is
using forrest to maven (apt format or one of the others), before I
start doing it by hand :-)

TIA,

Bruno

Re: Migrating site from forrest to maven

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
One thing that's preventing me from moving from Forrest to Maven is
the lack of support for "running" the site - something like "forrest
run".

In forrest, you can execute "forrest run" and it loads a jetty server
which generates and serves the requested page on demand. It also
reloads (and regenerates) the page if I modify it. It's more like a
preview feature...

Unfortunately, maven requires that you generate the entire site -
including reports, etc - which takes a long time...too long if all you
wanted is to see how the new image looks in the page ;-)

It seems this is doable to write using a mojo, or perhaps a standalone
tool using the embedded, but I lack the skills and inner maven
workings to do it myself. But I did open a JIRA on this...

    _____________________________________
    Arik Kfir                    arikkfir@gmail.com

RE : Migrating site from forrest to maven

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Not migration but integrating the forrest documentation in the maven
generated site with a report plugin.
Look at : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-129

- Olivier

I'd like to know if there is some kind of tool or previous experiences
to share in the migration of documentation from a project that is using
forrest to maven (apt format or one of the others), before I start doing
it by hand :-)

TIA,

Bruno

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées de ce message, sont interdites.