Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Andrew Koebrick <An...@state.mn.us> on 2004/12/14 23:30:32 UTC

regular expressions on $Response ?

Hoping somebody can offer a suggestion on how best to do my headers and
footers.  I bumped into problems getting Apache::ASP, Apache 2.0 and filters
working.  I was using mod_ext_filter to replace my <body> and </body> tags
(using a simple sed command) with a SSI directive, which in turn pulled in
complex headers and footers.

When I moved to Fedora 3 this scheme started failing.  My options are to
move off of Apache::ASP for my embedded perl (perhaps to Mason), or to try
to do the replaces above in a manner more internal to Apache::ASP.

I have not been using the $Response->AddHeader($name, $value)  because I
need to keep the existing headers from the HTML files (they contain lots of
metadata.

So, is there a way to do regular expressions agains the $Resoponse object?
Something akin to (escaping ignored):

$Response =~ s/<body>/<!--#include virtual='/inc/header.inc'-><body>/g

I am not currently using a global.asa file, but I guess I could start if I
need to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrew Koebrick

Andrew Koebrick