Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2019/01/22 13:02:31 UTC

Pass / Fail criteria in JMeter

Hello,

I am planning to add to next version of JMeter Maven Plugin a pass/fail
criteria based on the JSON file that JMeter 5.1 generates at end of a load
test which contains summary of results:

   - https://github.com/jmeter-maven-plugin/jmeter-maven-plugin/issues/303

But thinking about it, I think it could also be a nice addition to JMeter
core where JMeter would return a code based on evaluating those criterions.

Regards
Philippe M.
@philmdot

Re: Pass / Fail criteria in JMeter

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:43 AM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Philippe> But while it was rather straightforward to implement through
> Maven, it's a
> Philippe> bit more complex in core JMeter.
>
> I guess the most challenging part is to incorporate "Non Functional
> Requirements" to JMeter UI.
>
> For instance:
> 1) Should it be a separate UI or should each sampler have "NFR" section?

No convictions.
For simplicity, I thought about a dedicated config element "SLA Rules":
+ One place for all
- But desynch can happen if you rename transactions / sampler and forget to
update

If we do as you propose, no desync but rules are spread in the whole test
plan, we need to consider also Transaction Controller.

> 2) Should there be a warning in case NFR did not fire (e.g. user
> specified "ligon.pct90 < 1sec" and actual transaction has name of
> "login")?

Yes, at least in logs

> 3) Should it warn for conflicting requirements? (e.g.   *.pct90<1sec
> +  login.pct90<5sec)

I would say,  login.pct90 is an override of general rule.
But I didn't dig in implementation details yet.

5) Should it allow for rule inherinance? e.g.
> "simple.pages.pct90<1sec,   login is a "simple page".
> Someone please stop me :)

STOP ! :-)
Let's start and work incrementally

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Pass / Fail criteria in JMeter

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Paulo,

In fact the message intent is to ask whether this feature is not best
suited in core JMeter instead of jmeter-maven-plugin.

So I think if there is a consensus on this, the feature would be in core.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

RE: Pass / Fail criteria in JMeter