Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fatih Üstündağ <fa...@yore.com.tr> on 2003/04/08 18:09:12 UTC

fo:block coordinates

Hi,

is it possible to take coordinates of fo:blocks in the pdf file when i am
rendering pdf with my java application using fop?

Thanks for help

Re: fo:block coordinates

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
That's not so simple. Problem is that the FO elements get loaded into
the FO tree. The FO tree is then transformed to the Area tree by FOP's
layout engine. Only the Area tree has information on coordinates. So you
would have to backtrack an Area to it FO element.

What's your use case? Maybe there's another way.

On 08.04.2003 18:09:12 Fatih Üstündað wrote:
> is it possible to take coordinates of fo:blocks in the pdf file when i am
> rendering pdf with my java application using fop?

Jeremias Maerki