Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/04/10 06:05:13 UTC

Please comments about JProbe

Hi:

I recently found a interesting application called JProbe.
<snip>
JProbe is the industry-standard performance solution for tuning your Java
and J2EE application code. JProbe Profiler, JProbe Memory Debugger, JProbe
Threadalyzer and JProbe Coverage  are available in the conveniently
integrated JProbe Suite.

JProbe helps your development team rapidly diagnose and resolve
performance problems, ensuring production-ready applications that deliver
on your performance and scalability goals. And now, with the release of
JProbe 5.0, diagnosing and resolving your performance issues is faster and
easier than ever.
</snip>

http://java.quest.com/jprobe/jprobe.shtml

Can someone experimented with it? It is a nice product?

Can it help us to develop a better Cocoon?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

RE: Please comments about JProbe

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Thanks for the comments.

Antonio Gallardo

Argyn dijo:

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Thanks for the comment

Antonio Gallardo

Alex Romayev dijo:

Re: Javabeans in cocoon

Posted by Richard In Public <ed...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Rony

I've managed to use JavaBeans with Cocoon:

1.  I put my class files in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes.
2.  I need to restart tomcat after making changes to classes
3.  You need to place your classes in the appropriate directory structure,
although you probably know that :-): e.g.

for com.mycompany.mybean.class:

|--  %TOMCAT_HOME%
|     -- webapps
|         -- cocoon
|             -- WEB-INF
|                  -- classes
|                      -- com
|                          -- mycompany
|                              --  mybean.calss

There are probably lots of (more elegant) ways of doing this but this works
for me.

Regards,

Richard Hoberman

---
Posted by Rony De Coninck <ro...@minfin.fed.be>.

Posted by Argyn <ak...@cox.net>.
I forgot which tool exactly (JProbe or OptimizeIt), but one of them required
a HUGE amount of memory and was VERY slow. I'm afraid it was JProbe

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Argyn <ak...@cox.net>.