Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2008/01/08 17:50:58 UTC

IDEA patent issue with bcprov in repo on ws zone?

There is a copy of the bouncycastle library in the Maven repo at
http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2 and on previous occasion I've
been advised by legal-discuss against using the standard distribution
at Apache due to the IDEA patent clause in its license[1]. There has
been talk about getting a version from BouncyCastle without the IDEA
code in it and I was wondering if this was such an unencumbered
version. I did a quick look through and it does look like the IDEA
code is present.

Thanks
Jeremy

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/
200702.mbox/%
3cc5e632550702231752t492847a0lb0c3896fdaca31c1@mail.gmail.com%3e

Re: IDEA patent issue with bcprov in repo on ws zone?

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
I guess from what Jeremy said that the answer is yes, at least until
we confirm the situation with legal-discuss@
I don't believe I have permissions to that file... dims, it looks like
it's yours...
David

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@apache.org>.