Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/11/12 23:00:56 UTC

Updated tutorial, was: DataBinding issues - ClassCastException

[snip]
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>>> I'm trying to add some support for business objects to the Tutorial
>>> (instead of just flowing the catalog and cart items as strings).
>>>
>>> My business objects are simple JavaBeans with an empty constructor.
>>> I need to flow them as Java objects through local service calls, XML
>>> (in Atom payloads) and JSON.
>>>
>>> It should have been a simple exercise, but I've been running into a
>>> number of issues with the DataBinding framework. Here they are:

OK, I've been able to fix or workaround the issues I described earlier.
An update of the tutorial using business objects (see class Item in the
assets module) is now available in SVN.

I also put under tutorial a Tutorial.pdf that shows the steps in the
construction of the tutorial application.

After what I've been through trying to get my little Item object
converted to XML and JSON I'm going to do a little bit of thinking and
I'll post some suggestions later to try to simplify the whole
databinding story.

--

Jean-Sebastien