Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Frederic Soulier <fr...@wallaby.uklinux.net> on 2003/05/08 20:55:31 UTC

Wrong start...

Hi

Ok I've started playing with Tapestry for the last couple of days and
I'm up shit creek without a paddle ;)

I got everything from CVS (the jakarta one) and I deployed the vlib
examples to JBoss 3.0.7 so far so good.
I then started creating my own app by using the home, login and register
pages from the vlib examples and commenting out where needed the ejb
stuff. I created the war file and deployed it in JBoss 3.0.7

Now when I go to http://localhost:8080/cps I get the error page
complaining about an InstantiationException
    location: context:/WEB-INF/Home.page, line 6

line 6 being:
<page-specification class="com.threegscene.cps.presentation.pages.Home">

I do understand the exception as Home.java is declared as an abstract
class. What I don't understand is that the Home.java in vlib is also
declared as an abstract class but it works fine.

I admit I'm at lost here...

--
Frederic Soulier <fr...@wallaby.uklinux.net>

Re: Wrong start...

Posted by "juceri@ya.com" <ju...@ya.com>.
See
http://jakarta.apache.org/proposals/tapestry/doc/TapestryUsersGuide/spec.property-specification.html

It explain because a page or component can be abstract.

Regards.

         Julio.

Re: Wrong start...

Posted by Frederic Soulier <fr...@wallaby.uklinux.net>.
On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 05:52, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
> Here's my understanding...
>
> If you do not have property specifications in the page specification Tapestry assumes that your
> page class is concrete. In other words if your page class is abstract you should have atleast one
> property specification defined in the page specification.

Yep Thanks.

Re: Wrong start...

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <wh...@yahoo.com>.
Here's my understanding...