Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by amol <am...@aressindia.com> on 2002/09/20 22:09:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Server Load

Dear Friends,
I want to know how if there is any formula that can help me in calculating
the no of virtual domains i can host on 1 server.
Is there any benchmark which we can follow.

thanks in advance .

Posted by Mitch Vincent <mi...@unixprogramming.net>.
That would totally depend on the amount of traffic your sites were
getting.. There couldn't be any really useful formula for it.

Add them until you see an affect on your server -- a constant watchful
eye is all that is needed.

Good luck!

> Dear Friends,
> I want to know how if there is any formula that can help me in
> calculating
> the no of virtual domains i can host on 1 server.
> Is there any benchmark which we can follow.
>
> thanks in advance .

-Mitch

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
doesn't look good either.