Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Cédric Bertolini <be...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 12:07:43 UTC

How to get the port used by the request

Hello,

When a request is handled by mod_perl, I'd like to know what port was used
to request the server. But $r->server->port always returns 0. I have tested
$r->main and $r->prev, but the problem doesn't come from here. And I didn't
find any other way to get the port. Even $r->uri and such don't return the
port, even though $r->hostname returns the server hostname. Where is my
mistake?

Thanks for your time.

Re: How to get the port used by the request

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:07:43 Cédric Bertolini wrote:
> When a request is handled by mod_perl, I'd like to know what port was used
> to request the server. But $r->server->port always returns 0. I have tested
> $r->main and $r->prev, but the problem doesn't come from here. And I didn't
> find any other way to get the port. Even $r->uri and such don't return the
> port, even though $r->hostname returns the server hostname. Where is my
> mistake?

$r->connection->local_addr->port;
$r->connection->remote_addr->port;

Torsten Förtsch