Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org> on 2003/05/29 17:14:51 UTC

[users@httpd] [OT][FYI] posting questions

[FYI - OT - please do not respond to list]

I find asking helps me think of the problem in a new light.  Sometimes
the answer(s) obtained from posting questions are not relevant.
Speaking from my own posting experience -

1)  Because the poster had the wrong information (or there was some
misunderstanding of the problem) posted in the question -- therefore
the answer wasn't relevant...

2)  The poster or follow-up answers are not correct because of some
misunderstanding in the original post (see #1 above.)

Posting, whether good or bad, should help the poster think of the issue
in new ways.  Posting relevant, hopefully correct answers, help
everyone.

HTH;
-Sx-