Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Daniel Krisher <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/23 04:56:44 UTC

Exception in JXR report

I have been getting the following exception using the maven-jxr-plugin

<...several other exceptions omitted...>
org/apache/maven/reporting/AbstractMavenReport
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClassDirect(RealmClassLoader.java:195)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.DefaultClassRealm.loadClass(DefaultClassRealm.java:255)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(JavaComponentFactory.java:30)
        ... 24 more

This appears to be due to missing runtime dependencies on maven-reporting-impl.

uncommenting:

<!-- dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven.reporting</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-reporting-impl</artifactId>
      <version>2.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency -->

in the pom causes it to fail with another missing runtime dependency
on commons-collections, then another for avalon-logkit.  Adding the
following to the pom successfully generates the report:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
      <version>3.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>avalon-logkit</groupId>
      <artifactId>avalon-logkit</artifactId>
      <version>2.1</version>
    </dependency>

Are these dependencies omitted from the pom for a particular reason
(e.g. they should be transitively inherited), or is this an error
(e.g. plugin was written for an older version of m2)?  Has anyone else
successfully used the jxr plugin with the latest and greatest m2?

I would be happy to submit a patch for the pom if this is actually an error...
--
Daniel Krisher

Re: Exception in JXR report

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 22:56 -0400, Daniel Krisher wrote:
> I have been getting the following exception using the maven-jxr-plugin

Please take questions about plugins from the mojo projects on the mojo
users list[1].

[1]: http://mojo.codehaus.org/mail-lists.html

--
Trygve