Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bharath Belagodu <BB...@trivininc.com> on 2006/12/13 16:55:39 UTC

NavigationMenuItems and setAction doesn't work

In trying to create a dynamic menu, I've set the action for the
navigation menu items which are created on the fly. Setting the action
doesn't cause an event to occur on the navigation menu item? I've used
h:messages at the top of the page but the POST doesn't seem to happen.

Following from the sample,

      NavigationMenuItem childNode = getMenuNaviagtionItem(

            childMenuItem.getName(), "#{navHandler.getAction}");

    public String getAction() {

        return "actStr";

    }

The breakpoint in getAction isn't hit, if I set an external link to the
menu item, then there isn't an issue and the external link is being
called and the Webpage displayed.

I'm using Tomahawk 1.1.3 with MyFaces.

Thanks.