Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ian Gilbert <ia...@ethicalshopper.co.uk> on 2006/07/02 23:05:24 UTC

Possible problems with demo data files ...

Hi guys,

I have been looking at the latest svn build and there are some demo data files which don't have
the 'Demo ....xml' in front of them and I'm wondering if there is a reason for this.  The ones I'm
currently looking at are PaymentsInvoices.xml, CustomerEvents.xml which seems to populate the
accounting system with some USD invoices.  Can I confirm that a) this is indeed demo data which
can be used for testing but shouldn't be part of the default system data and b) if there is any
convention for distinguishing this when doing demo sets for other currencies.

I have a UK demo set (a fairly straightforward conversion but a bit of a timesaver) if anyone
wants them.

--
Ian Gilbert
www.ethicalshopper.net

WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
details.

Re: Possible problems with demo data files ...

Posted by Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>.
It seems like it would be a good idea to prefix demo data, with "Demo",
it would certainly make it a lot easier to find all the demo data with a
file search.

- Andrew

--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <an...@sykesdevelopment.com>

Re: Possible problems with demo data files ...

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
Certainly the demo data files are identified else were for the import routines but I thought the filename convention/preference was to also put "Demo" in to make it clear when browsing the folders and reading through the data files.

 In terms of alternate country demo data sets I think it would be a very good idea to make these available in the project. Maybe they could be named like the properties files i.e. DemoTaxAuthority_en.xml ?

 Ray

Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> wrote: If demo or seed is defined in the ofbiz-component.xml, not by the filename.

The paymentsinvoices.xml was intented to be demo data....customer events.xml i
do not see that it is used as data...

On Monday 03 July 2006 04:05, Ian Gilbert wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have been looking at the latest svn build and there are some demo data
> files which don't have the 'Demo ....xml' in front of them and I'm
> wondering if there is a reason for this.  The ones I'm currently looking at
> are PaymentsInvoices.xml, CustomerEvents.xml which seems to populate the
> accounting system with some USD invoices.  Can I confirm that a) this is
> indeed demo data which can be used for testing but shouldn't be part of the
> default system data and b) if there is any convention for distinguishing
> this when doing demo sets for other currencies.
>
> I have a UK demo set (a fairly straightforward conversion but a bit of a
> timesaver) if anyone wants them.
>
> --
> Ian Gilbert
> www.ethicalshopper.net
> Fair trade: the alternative choice for your everyday shopping
> 0845 456 2429
>
> WHAT DO YOU DRINK AT WORK?
> We can supply your organisation with high quality fair trade tea and
> coffee.  Discounts are available for regular orders.  Contact us for more
> details.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Possible problems with demo data files ...

Posted by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com>.