Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luke Shannon <i_...@yahoo.ca> on 2006/04/10 17:35:43 UTC

Using SpamAssassin In Perl

Hello;

 Our company newsletter is not getting to some of our subscribers.

 My guess is it is ending up in junk mail folders.

 We have a section on relationship tips and I am concerned some of the content in this section could be triggering spam filters.

 I am working on a script that runs SpamAssassin on an uploaded text version of the letter so I can scan the content.

 What I would love is a report flagging content that might be causing a problem (and the overall score) so I can send the letter back to the creative team showing them the exact content that needs to be rewritten/removed.

 Below is the script I have started. I am not sure what the spamassissin report should look like, but what I am getting back can't be it (It just gives me the version of spam assassin and the name of the file).

 I am not experienced in Perl so it could easily be a problem with my code.

 Is there any easier way to get a report on an email?

What is a good online reference for understanding the SpamAssassin API?

 Thanks,

 Luke

 #!/Perl/bin/perl
 use strict;
 use CGI qw(:standard);
 use Mail::SpamAssassin;

 # get a parameter from a form
 my $fulltext = param('fulltext') || 'no text supplied';

 #create an array from the text in the file
 my @lines = split(/\n/, $fulltext);

 #create a test
 my $spamtest = Mail::SpamAssassin->new( );

 #create a new mail object
 my $mail = $spamtest->parse(\@lines);

 #create a status object
 my $status = $spamtest->check($mail);

 # output a document
 print header( ), start_html("Spam Assasin Report"),
         p("SpamAssassin Report: ", tt(escapeHTML($status->rewrite_mail())),
         end_html( );

Enrich your life at Yahoo! Canada Finance