Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/21 23:41:22 UTC

ScriptEngine failure when running topology outside of LocalCluster

Some of our bolts use Groovy heavily as a scripting language. We embed the
full groovy-all dependency via a maven shaded fat jar. It works great in
LocalCluster, but the Java ScriptEngine API fails saying it cannot find the
Groovy script engine when it's deployed to a remote cluster.

I suspect that it's a classpath issue. A coworker found that if he puts
groovy-all in the Storm lib directory, it works just fine. Can someone
explain how to make Storm able to pick up the version of groovy-all
embedded in our fat jar?

Thanks,

Mike