Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by tmccauley <ti...@sciatl.com> on 2007/10/04 17:13:55 UTC

Web console for ActiveMQ 4.1.1 from remote box

All

   I am trying to get web console to connect and work on a remote box using
Tomcat 5.5.23.  I am tried to use the latest ActiveMQ 5 web console war with
properties.  Can the latest ActiveMQ 5 web console war be used to connect to
a remote ActiveMQ 4.1.1 broker?  If not how can I create an ActiveMQ 4.1.1
web console war file.  Sorry, I am not that familure with maven, most used
Ant for builds.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Tim McCauley

The following is from the console on startup -

INFO: Deploying web application archive
activemq-web-console-5.0-20070927.100110-10.war
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext
prepareRefresh
INFO: Refreshing
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@6cb8:
display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Thu Oct 04 11:02:02
EDT 2007]; root of context hierarchy Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader
loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/webconsole-properties.xml]
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext
obtainFreshBeanFactory
INFO: Bean factory for application context
[org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@6cb8]:
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b9e45a
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
preInstantiateSingletons
INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b9e45a:
defining beans
[placeholderConfig,sessionPool,brokerQuery,connectionFactory,queueBrowser,messageQuery];
root of factory hierarchy
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry
destroySingletons
INFO: Destroying singletons in
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@b9e45a:
defining beans [placeholderConfig,sessionPool,broker
Query,connectionFactory,queueBrowser,messageQuery]; root of factory
hierarchy
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Oct 4, 2007 11:02:02 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/activemq-web-console-5.0-20070927.100110-10] startup
failed due to previous errors

I set JAVA_OPTS and even tried to change the activemq-properties.xml file
directly and neither works.

Re: Web console for ActiveMQ 4.1.1 from remote box

Posted by tmccauley <ti...@sciatl.com>.
I tried to find the posting talked about with no success.  I am able to
connect remotely using JConsole without a userName and password.  If this is
so what would be suggested the userName and password be.  I am also able to
connect using Hermes also without a userName and password.  I would like to
get the web console up and any help would be very much appriciated,
especially removing and managing topics and queues.

TIA
Tim McCauley

Posted by Mario Siegenthaler <ms...@inventsoft.ch>.
Hi