Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Parolini <to...@employer.com.br> on 2001/06/01 19:21:55 UTC

Cocoon and threads

Hi there,

Let's think about the following XSP page accessed by two users in the same
time:

<page>
	<xsp:logic>
	String sName = session.getAttribute("name") ;
	[...]
	</xsp:logic>

	Welcome <xsp:expr>sName</xsp:expr>
</page>

In concurency tests I made, sometimes, users don't see their own name on the
browser!

One could put all the xsp page logic into a synchronize(this){ [..] }
block...

But I was wondering if someone already ran into this problem and what is the
reason why XSP pages aren't already declared as synchronized...

Any clues ?

- tony

RE: Cocoon and threads

Posted by Antonio Parolini <to...@employer.com.br>.
I think this beaviour was given by IE. I made the test on the same machine
using dfferente IE sessions...

Sorry about this...

The page seems now to be  synchronized...

- Tony

Re: Cocoon and threads

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Antonio Parolini wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Let's think about the following XSP page accessed by two users in the same
> time:
>
> <page>
> 	<xsp:logic>
> 	String sName = session.getAttribute("name") ;
> 	[...]
> 	</xsp:logic>
>
> 	Welcome <xsp:expr>sName</xsp:expr>
> </page>
>
> In concurency tests I made, sometimes, users don't see their own name on the
> browser!
>
> One could put all the xsp page logic into a synchronize(this){ [..] }
> block...
>
> But I was wondering if someone already ran into this problem and what is the
> reason why XSP pages aren't already declared as synchronized...

they don't need to be, as long as you restrict yourself to method
variables and not class variables. i can't tell why your example wouldn't
work perfectly - maybe if you'd post your entire xsp page...?

- donald