Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Santosh Shet <sa...@vista-one-solutions.com> on 2013/11/21 08:40:17 UTC

Upgrade Cassandra version to 2.0

Dear All

The version of Cassandra is 1.2.3 in Dse 3.0 which is currently installed in my machine.  Now I want to upgrade Cassandra to latest version 2.0.

Do I have to upgrade DSE 3.0 to DSE 3.2( which is latest version available) but still it has Cassandra version 1.2.11 which I don't want.
Or Is it possible to only upgrade Cassandra in the existing DSE which is installed.

Could you please provide some inputs on this.

Thanks in advance,

Santosh

Re: Upgrade Cassandra version to 2.0

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Santosh Shet <
santosh.shet@vista-one-solutions.com> wrote:

>  The version of Cassandra is 1.2.3 in Dse 3.0 which is currently
> installed in my machine.  Now I want to upgrade Cassandra to latest version
> 2.0.

Are you in production? If so, read :

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/what-version-of-cassandra-should-i-run/

>  Do I have to upgrade DSE 3.0 to DSE 3.2( which is latest version
> available) but still it has Cassandra version 1.2.11 which I don’t want.
>
> Or Is it possible to only upgrade Cassandra in the existing DSE which is
> installed.

DSE is a patched version of Cassandra, the patches are the closed-source
value add by Datastax. You therefore cannot upgrade only the Cassandra part
of DSE, as you are unable to apply the same patches.

=Rob