Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Durity, Sean R" <SE...@homedepot.com> on 2020/01/08 21:47:13 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Log output when Cassandra is "up"?

I use a script that calls nodetool info. If nodetool info returns an error (instance isn’t up, on the way up, etc.) then I return that same error code (and I know the node is NOT OK). If nodetool info succeeds, I then parse the output for each protocol to be up. A node can be up, but have gossip or cql down/unavailable. That node is also NOT OK.

If all this passes, then the node is OK.

I would love if there was something simpler, like the Informix onstat - | grep “On-line” …

Sean Durity