Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Martin Ankerl <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/09 15:38:11 UTC

feature request: svn log --yaml

Hi! It think it would be a nice idea to add YAML output to subversion.
I believe this is not too complicated, and it would be a great
improvement for everybody who wants to use the output in scripting
languages.

http://www.yaml.org/

--
Martin Ankerl | http://martinus.geekisp.com/

Re: feature request: svn log --yaml

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Martin Ankerl wrote:

> Hi! It think it would be a nice idea to add YAML output to subversion.
> I believe this is not too complicated, and it would be a great
> improvement for everybody who wants to use the output in scripting
> languages.

IMVHO, just apply an xslt (or a simple xml processor) and convert the --xml
to yaml. I think, a perl/python/? module in contrib would be a better
solution than to add more stuff to the c client. There are most likely
other formats people want to have implemented and the xml output should be
convertable to everything you want.

nd
--
Da fällt mir ein, wieso gibt es eigentlich in Unicode kein
"i" mit einem Herzchen als Tüpfelchen? Das wär sooo süüss!

                                 -- Björn Höhrmann in darw