Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Hohlen, John" <JH...@erac.com> on 2002/09/06 23:45:12 UTC

HELP needed with Multiple Resource Files (for sub-applications)

I submitted this problem to the mailing list a week ago.  I didn't get any
replies and I'm still stuck.   I even tried migrating from WebLogic SP2 to
SP3.  I'm still getting the same Servlet Exception.  I thought it might be a
WebLogic problem.  But now I'm thinking it's a Struts 1.1 (b2) or most
likely a configuration problem on part.  I'm also getting this same error
with the latest Struts nightly build (9/6/02).  Here is the problem again:
============

I'm migrating my web application from Struts 1.0 to Struts 1.1 (B2).  I'm
trying to take advantage of the mutiple sub-applications functionality in
1.1.  I've created a separate a Struts config file for each sub-application.
I've also created a separate message resource files for each sub
application.  I'm currently getting a runtime exception due to the message
resource file not being found under the specified key.  I'm using  WebLogic
6.1 (SP 2).  I've placed the message resource file called
"LoginMessages.properties" under the "classes\com\abc\training" directory.
Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem might be?  Thanks, JOHN

----------------  web.xml (sniplet) -------------------------------------
  <init-param>
    <param-name>config/login</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-login.xml</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>config/training</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-training.xml</param-value>
  </init-param>

----------------  Struts-Config-Login.xml (sniplet) ---------------------

  <message-resources key="LOGIN_MESSAGES_KEY"
                     parameter="com.abc.training.LoginMessages"
                     null="false"/>

----------------- Runtime Exception --------------------------------------
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key
LOGIN_MESSAGES_KEY
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp
l.java:256)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
14)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProces
sor.java:417)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionForward(RequestProces
sor.java:390)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:271)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)
	at
com.erac.fleetsystems.strutsx.FleetSystemsServlet.process(FleetSystemsServle
t.java:178)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:492)
	at
:265)
	at
:200)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2495)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2204)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)