Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Moretti, Luciano (MED)" <Lu...@med.ge.com> on 2003/07/16 20:56:58 UTC

Fetching a Jar from the maven remote repo using Ant

Ok, what I'm trying to do is a little odd-

I've got some people who will need to build using ant (not Maven) but we
require a jar out of the repository.  Instead of maintaining multiple
copies (which is what we do now with most stuff) I'd like to only have a
single copy in the maven repo that is fetched by the ant build.

So is there a way Using only ant to fetch a file from the maven repo to
the local filesystem?

Luciano

Re: Fetching a Jar from the maven remote repo using Ant

Posted by Brian Ewins <Br...@btinternet.com>.
Yes. Use 'maven ant' to generate your build script. It uses the ant
'get' task to fetch remote files. You might have to edit the build.xml a
bit though, try it and see if it works for you; the script doesnt do
everything maven can. It only uses the first remote repository for
downloads, and doesnt use a local repo at all.