Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jayant Sane <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/09 23:19:53 UTC

Want to confirm fix of a security vulnerability

Pardon the re-post but I just wanted some kind of ack from the Tomcat dev team on the following.
Has the "Tomcat WAR deployment directory traversal..." issue as detailed in http://securitytracker.com/id/1023504 been fixed in version 7.0.023?
As I mentioned, the Apache security team wont comment on known security issues.

many thanks,Jayant

Re: Want to confirm fix of a security vulnerability

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 09.03.2012 23:19, Jayant Sane wrote:
> Pardon the re-post but I just wanted some kind of ack from the Tomcat dev team on the following.
> Has the "Tomcat WAR deployment directory traversal..." issue as detailed in http://securitytracker.com/id/1023504 been fixed in version 7.0.023?
> As I mentioned, the Apache security team wont comment on known security issues.

It was fixed by

before the first release of TC 7.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Want to confirm fix of a security vulnerability

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 09/03/2012 23:55, Au, Leon wrote:
> On 3/9/12 2:19 PM, "Jayant Sane" <ja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Pardon the re-post but I just wanted some kind of ack from the Tomcat dev
>> team on the following.
>> Has the "Tomcat WAR deployment directory traversal..." issue as detailed
>> in http://securitytracker.com/id/1023504 been fixed in version 7.0.023?
>> As I mentioned, the Apache security team wont comment on known security
>> issues.
>
> According to your link, only Tomcat major version 5 and 6 were affected.
> Also, the issue was report Jan 25, 2010.  Tomcat 7.0.23 was released Nov
> 25, 2011.  I imagine that any issue would have been patched well before
> that.
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html

Tomcat 7.0.2 was released as a beta on 2010-08-11 around 7 months after
the bug was reported.

There have been no fixes to the Cluster since 7.0.22, and the previous 3
versions didn't appear to address such a bug in the cluster mods, so
this is v likely to be a false positive from a poor scan.

> Leon
>

>> many thanks,Jayant

[key:62590808]

Re: Want to confirm fix of a security vulnerability

Posted by "Au, Leon" <le...@amazon.com>.