Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> on 2012/04/12 12:19:19 UTC

[VOTE] - OpenEJB 2012 Meetup - EU or USA

Hi...

   For the last two years OpenEJB community succeeded to hold a Meetup once
a year. And not to break the rule :), we are looking forward to hold
another one this year.

The suggested places are either in EU or USA [1]. But first we need to know
where is would be easier for most of us, so please choose only one of the
following options:

[ ] +1 for USA
[ ] +1 for West of EU
[ ] 0 No specific preference

[1] - I know this is too vague but the specific location will be easier to
be discussed when get the result of this vote

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: [VOTE] - OpenEJB 2012 Meetup - EU or USA

Posted by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the US (i am on the losing side of the vote so far :)

Posted by jo...@gmail.com.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
+1 for West of EU

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org>.
Here is my vote

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi...
>
>    For the last two years OpenEJB community succeeded to hold a Meetup
> once a year. And not to break the rule :), we are looking forward to hold
> another one this year.
>
> The suggested places are either in EU or USA [1]. But first we need to
> know where is would be easier for most of us, so please choose only one of
> the following options:
>
> [ ] +1 for USA
> [X] +1 for West of EU
> [ ] 0 No specific preference
>
> [1] - I know this is too vague but the specific location will be easier to
> be discussed when get the result of this vote

> Thanks
> - Mohammad Nour
> ----
> - Albert Einstein

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
The party that gets the least +1s can have my +1 :D

[ ] +1 for USA
[ ] +1 for West of EU
[ X ] 0 I am indifferent :)

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jean :)

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> That sounds good to me.

Cool

> Do you have an idea or some proposal for a location in NL?

Well my intention is to make an event in different location each time so if
there is consensus about making that in the NL we can then the best option
that suits all of who is coming.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Spain, can be pretty good for me too because I won't be far.
I will be in Portugal in a small place named Amarante.

Amarante, Portugal<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Amarante,+Portugal&hl=fr&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.148262,79.013672&oq=amarante&hnear=Amarante,+Oporto,+Portugal&t=m&z=11>

Jean-Louis

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Should be fine for me too.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
I believe, by lazy consensus, we can say that NL is the place to be

Now we need a date, any suggestions ?

More specifically people coming from outside EU, David ? Any thoughts ?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Then, I will be in Portugal ;-)
> From week 31 to week 34
>
> Jean-Louis
>

> Le 24 avril 2012 09:59, Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > August but not the last week?
> >
> > - Romain
> > Le 24 avr. 2012 09:06, "Jean-Louis MONTEIRO" <je...@gmail.com> a
> écrit
> > :
> >
> > > Then?
> > > Any proposals on the location in EU (NL as Mohammad proposed?)?
> > > Any preference on the dates?
> > >
> > > Jean-Louis

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Then, I will be in Portugal ;-)
>From week 31 to week 34

Jean-Louis

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Both are OK for me

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 ApacheCon

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Yeah sorry I mean Nick Burch

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: OpenEJB 2012 Meetup - EU or USA

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
That'd be really awesome to get you as well.
The week after is perfect for me (even if I made it also possible the
weekend before).

Nothing done except ApacheCon tickets that's why I'm asking.

JLouis

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Just in case you need some information on accommodation:
http://www.apachecon.eu/accommodation/

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Common guys,

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
It's September!

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On May 29, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> Ok guys, seems like Apache Con EU is the winner, isn't it?
> ApacheCon will be from 5th to 9th of November.
>
> The main question is how short nights will be to let us have some coding
> sessions ;-)

That seems to be the case and that's definitely the question :)

From experience, it's very hard to get everyone in one place at one time at conferences.  We'll probably want to pick a day or two that are "ours"

-David

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1 for ApacheCon ;)

Will be there anyway...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Oups :D

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM, stratwine <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm leaving back to India from EU, in the first week of Aug. Would be great
> if the dates could be a little earlier.

Would anytime in June/July suit ?

I would be in Egypt during June, and I don't think I will be able to take
another vacation that soon in July.

> -Vishwa

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Damn it, going to have to miss out once again :).

--

Karan Singh Malhi
twitter.com/KaranSinghMalhi

Re: [VOTE] - OpenEJB 2012 Meetup - EU or USA

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Whaoooo!

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
> Hmmmm, which is good as well, I've never visited Spain as well, is it part
of the Schengen federation ?

Yes, it is.

JLouis

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hmmmm, which is good as well, I've never visited Spain as well, is it part
of the Schengen federation ?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM, David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Not really a fan of Amsterdam, though there might be somewhere else in NL
> that's fun.
>
> I've been getting huge guilt trips from my Spanish in-laws for having
> never visited once in the 12 years, so I'd be partial to Spain.
>

> -David
>
> On Apr 24, 2012, at 12:06 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:
>
> > Then?
> > Any proposals on the location in EU (NL as Mohammad proposed?)?
> > Any preference on the dates?
> >
> > Jean-Louis
> >
> > Le 20 avril 2012 00:34, stratwine <to...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> >> Good for me too. Also if we could decide on the dates...
> >>
> >> -Vishwa
> >>
> >> --

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Then?

Posted by stratwine <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,

That sounds good to me.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> +1 for West of EU.
>
> JLouis
>
> Le 13 avril 2012 00:41, stratwine <to...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > +1 for West of EU.
> >
> > -Vishwa
> >
> > --

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 for West of EU.

Posted by stratwine <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 for West of EU.

-Vishwa

Re: [VOTE] - OpenEJB 2012 Meetup - EU or USA

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 for USA.
Should be able to make it to EU next year onwards.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.