Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by chaohua wang <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/15 00:41:22 UTC

how to get rid of special character Â?

Hi Folks

When i updated a product name  using West®  East®food  in Catalog
-->Content,
in product_name field of  Product table,  the value is like this   West®
East® food.
This value is presented in PDF report file,
I want to remove  Â.
I read this article. it says I need to  set "UTF-8"  for mySQL.

SET NAMES 'utf8';

http://www.byteflex.co.uk/en/fun_with_utf8_php_and_mysql.html

but updateProdcut is using minilan in ProductServices.xml.

could you tell me how to fix this issue?
Thanks,

Chwang

Re: how to get rid of special character Â?

Posted by chaohua wang <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you,
in the link, it doesn't say i can do minilang.
but it tells if i set  "SET NAMES 'utf8'" when insert a record in table, it
can fix this issue.

I just read this link, has kind of the same issue with mine:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?143,220627,220627

I am not sure how it happened when i input a name   West®
East® food, then updated.  It became like this in table:   West®
East® food ,which has extra char Â.

chwang

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.