Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com> on 2020/03/22 20:04:44 UTC

Update Center Problem, ant vs maven

(before I file an issue, a sanity check is appreciated)

I've got an nbm, "jVi Core" (it's a wrapper nbm) with

    <code-name-base>com.raelity.jvi</code-name-base>

and recently created a new maven based update center "jVi for NB Update
Center" with

    <groupId>com.raelity.jvi</groupId>
    <artifactId>nb-uc</artifactId>

The plugin manager is saying that "jVi UC" has an update pending of "jVi
Core". In the debugger I'm seeing, from
platform/autoupdate.services/.../UpdateElement.toString(),

    jVi for NB Update Center[com.raelity.jvi/1.2.1]

and

    jVi Core[com.raelity.jvi/1.6.19.37]

And toString is defined as

    impl.getDisplayName() + "[" + impl.getCodeName ()
         + "/" + impl.getSpecificationVersion () + "]";

If I do an update, "jVi Core" does not actually replace "jVi UC" (hmmmm,
I don't think it does), but I'm getting some weird behavior though
eventually I can get things loaded.

I think getCodeName() is used in compares. My first thought is that
impl.getCodeName() should include the artifactId somehow.

I'm still looking through code, but if someone can shed some light... I
guess my biggest question is whether there's a bug in the plugin manager
related to maven artifacts or whether I've got a naming problem (or both?)

Any insight appreciated.

-ernie

Re: Update Center Problem, ant vs maven

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
Something about shooting myself in the foot.

BTW, the only docs I'm finding for nbm-maven-plugin are through
bits.netbeans.org.

For codeNameBase Default value is:
${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId} in fact.

In order to get a plugin into the old plugin repository, which sadly is
the only way to get something automatically into the plugin manager, it
needs to be old style java signed. The stuff I added to the pom changed
the default codenamebase...

-ernie