Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/07 17:49:26 UTC

Move the Ant-based outputs from jspwiki/build to jspwiki/target?

Hi Team, I think it might be good to modify the Ant build.xml to start
generating at least some of its output (WAR and JAR artifacts, compiled
classes, surefire reports, etc.) to the same output target/ folder that
Maven uses.  (Basically, stop using a "build" folder.) This would allow
us to discontinue certain portions of the Ant build.xml (e.g., make
Maven official for builds and unit tests) while leaving others
temporarily in place for Ant (e.g., Selenium), because those Ant
portions we keep will now be coded against the same locations that Maven
uses.  Also, it would help get Ant users used to where Maven places its
artifacts.  WDYT?  Besides the build.xml, anything in our external
release process that would need updating if our .war and .jar files are
generated in target/ instead of build/?

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Move the Ant-based outputs from jspwiki/build to jspwiki/target?

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

most probably, .classpath will also be affected

br,
juan pablo