Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Dennis Doubleday <dd...@mail.yourfit.com> on 2000/01/26 17:30:30 UTC

Problem building XercesJ 1.0.1 from source

New to the list, pardon if discussed before, couldn't find
anything in the archives.

I get the following message when trying to build XercesJ 1.0.1
(on WinNT, but I don't think that matters):

OutputFormat.java:67: Class org.w3c.dom.html.HTMLDocument not found in
import.
import org.w3c.dom.html.HTMLDocument;

That package doesn't seem to exist in the distribution. Do I have
to have something else installed?

Dennis Doubleday                 e-mail: dday@yourfit.com
YourFit.com, Inc.                phone:  724-940-2202
101 N. Meadows Dr. Suite 130     fax:    724-940-2206
Wexford, PA 15090                web:    http://www.yourfit.com/

Re: Problem building XercesJ 1.0.1 from source

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Dennis Doubleday wrote:
> That package doesn't seem to exist in the distribution. Do I have
> to have something else installed?

Nope, you are absolutely correct. The files are not in the
source distribution. They are in CVS, however, so this is a
problem with the build script. Since I'm working on the
next Apache build I'll make sure to fix this for the next
release. In the meantime, you can checkout those files from
the CVS repository or download them from the W3C.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: Problem building XercesJ 1.0.1 from source

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
org/w3c/dom/html has been checked into the CVS and added to the Makefile
and Makefile.incl, so it should build the HTML DOM package and should
exist in the JAR. I have no clue why it's not there.

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org