Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2012/08/31 03:06:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Fellow Bigtoppers,

It has been more than a year since Bigtop has joined Apache Incubator.

During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
Bigtop aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
to the project, we added committers to the project, we did 4 releases, and
we've earned the trust of end users in a pretty diverse set of organizations.

With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
different aspects of an Apache project.

Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
Apache Top Level project.

I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Bigtop
community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
process.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

I heart BigTop.

St.Ack

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Stephen Chu <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Alejandro

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Anatoli Fomenko <af...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Anatoli

________________________________

Posted by Anatoli Fomenko <af...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Anatoli

________________________________

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

BigTop has been very helpful for us.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1  The team has been very available / helpful / encouraging to persons
interested in contributing.

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
> Fellow Bigtoppers,
>
> It has been more than a year since Bigtop has joined Apache Incubator.
>
> During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
> Bigtop aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
> to the project, we added committers to the project, we did 4 releases, and
> we've earned the trust of end users in a pretty diverse set of organizations.
>
> With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
> different aspects of an Apache project.
>
> Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
> Apache Top Level project.
>
> I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Bigtop
> community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
> process.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Patrick Taylor Ramsey <pt...@apache.org>.
+1

PTR

Posted by Patrick Taylor Ramsey <pt...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Johnny Zhang <xi...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Johnny Zhang <xi...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
> Fellow Bigtoppers,
>
> It has been more than a year since Bigtop has joined Apache Incubator.
>
> During this year we've seen the user and developer community grow. The
> Bigtop aliases are quite active, new developers are regularly contributing
> to the project, we added committers to the project, we did 4 releases, and
> we've earned the trust of end users in a pretty diverse set of organizations.
>
> With the guidance of our mentors, we have learned the basis to manage the
> different aspects of an Apache project.
>
> Given this, I think we are ready to take the next step that is becoming an
> Apache Top Level project.
>
> I would like your opinion in order to call a vote within the Bigtop
> community as a pre-requisite for bootstrapping the formal graduation
> process.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop graduation from Apache Incubator

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.