Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2016/12/09 12:09:48 UTC

Shaded artifacts velocity-engine-core:2.0-SNAPSHOT

Hi folks,

based on VELOCITY-878 I am confused why this shading approach has been
taken?

1. Commons Lang 3: I see no benefit in shading it at all, if you check
the shaded JAR, a huge amount of classes are shaded. Moreover, Commons
Lang is so popular that most projects will include it in their POM
anyway, resulting in duplication. At last, Velocity uses Maven after all
where dependency management is a snap.
2. Commons Collections: As far as I can see, ExtendedProperties have
been moved to Commons Configuration. ExtProperties has been added. Why
not remove old code completely? This is pefectly fine for a major release.

Michael

Re: Shaded artifacts velocity-engine-core:2.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
It also means we have to get rid of the ResourceLoader base class, by
the way. I indented to only deprecate it in favor of ResourceLoader2,
but there is no way to keep it around.

   Claude

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.