Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/08/04 02:56:22 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Its very hard to understand this release.  How do I build it?  How do I run
RAT?

John

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
You are welcome to use our RAT automation scripts from Apache Arrow:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/master/dev/release

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The rat scripts are only part of the issue. The entire build and check
process should be documented and as automated as possible.

I say this not as a specific pre-requisite for gaining approval for a
release, but as a pragmatic issues. There are 10x more people who will give
you a few minutes of their time if you tell them what you expect and how to
do it.

Expecting them to dope it out and download a tool and build a config file
is going to push past their the time budget and lose you the votes you
need. This is a pragmatic point more than a technical one.

Posted by "Smith, Nathanael P" <na...@intel.com>.
Correction,

Posted by "Smith, Nathanael P" <na...@intel.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM, John D. Ament <jo...@apache.org>
wrote:

> What Ted said, minus the trolling part.

Trolling as a synonym for fishing, not magical creatures living under a
bridge.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SPOT 1.0-incubating

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
?!

Posted by Raymundo Panduro <ra...@gmail.com>.