Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by kungouf <ya...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/02/16 00:31:51 UTC

show page number for a document that show a table content

Hello,
i have an issue about the page number.
i want to show on each pdf page the page number with the following format:
page 1 of n
Pretty classic, but i couldnt manage to do it.

i am showing the content of a dynamic table, and i want to show the number
of page of each sheet of the pdf as "page 1 of n".

here is how i proceed:
1- i put an end of document block:
<fo:block id = "lastBlock"/>
2- after my </fo:table>....</fo:table-body> block, i creaated the following
block to show the page number:
<fo:block><fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation ref-id =
"lastBlock"/></fo:block>

the size of my table is dynamic and vary all the time.

The result show page 5 of 5 on the very last page, but i dont have page 1 of
5 on the first sheet, nor page 2 of 5 on the second sheet, etc...

how should i proceed to have the number of the page on the bottom of each
page?

thanks you,

Re: show page number for a document that show a table content

Posted by kungouf <ya...@yahoo.fr>.
thank you very much, that works perfectly!

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Posted by kungouf <ya...@yahoo.fr>.
we didnt saw the footer tag that well on the right :)

Hi and thak you for such a quick answer andrea but i tried and that doent
work too, i didnt have any error message this is why i dont know where to
look at.
here below the code i put in the table-footer:

<fo:table-body>
</fo:table-body>
																		<fo:table-footer>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
	<fo:block>
<fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation ref-id = "lastBlock"/>
</fo:block>
	</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-footer>

Re: show page number for a document that show a table content

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 16, 2008, at 00:31, kungouf wrote:

Hi,

> Hello,
> i have an issue about the page number.
> i want to show on each pdf page the page number with the following
> format:
> page 1 of n
> Pretty classic, but i couldnt manage to do it.
> <snip />
> here is how i proceed:
> 1- i put an end of document block:
> <fo:block id = "lastBlock"/>

This part is correct.

> 2- after my </fo:table>....</fo:table-body> block, i creaated the
> following
> block to show the page number:
> <fo:block><fo:page-number/> of <fo:page-number-citation ref-id =
> "lastBlock"/></fo:block>

This will obviously only render the page-number and page-number-
citation once, after the entire table.

Try putting this last block containing the page-number in the table-
footer, and it will automatically appear on every page spanned by the
table.

HTH!

Andreas