Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by brendfox <br...@per.gov.ie> on 2019/06/21 08:56:17 UTC

Apache Ignite 2.7.5 requirements for AWS

Hi All,

Does anyone have recent experience of deploying Apache Ignite on AWS EC2
instance cluster?
There is much variance in the AWS EC2 instance types in terms of number of
CPUs (therefore performance), memory availability and network bandwidth.
Ultimately costs would increase with the higher spec AWS instance types.

Would anyone have a recommendation on the minimum resource requirements to
stand up a production Ignite cluster on AWS? That is what is an ideal
resource specification from recent production experience. Some alternative
solutions have provided this information in advance with the AWS Instance
type recommended being more towards the premium end for CPU, memory and
network bandwidth.

Thanks , Brendan

Re: Apache Ignite 2.7.5 requirements for AWS

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Stephen, if you don't mind I'll promote you here :)
https://www.imcsummit.org/2019/eu/session/cloud-nine-how-be-happy-migrating-your-memory-computing-platform-cloud

Brendan, please check out the recording above where Stephen shares some of
the cloud-deployment related best practices.

-
Denis

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.