Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kyle Robinson <KR...@pangaeainc.com> on 2001/03/02 00:48:08 UTC

Introspection

Has anyone used the concept of introspection with the struts framework?  I
believe the idea of it is that you write a use bean line in your jsp and
call the <jsp:setProperty name="blah" property="*"> and when the form is
posted all the properties of object blah get set to the values in the form
objects that match the names.

Tell me if I'm way off-base and if this is the opposite direction from
Struts or not.

Kyle Robinson
Systems Consultant
Pangaea Systems Inc.
(250) 360-0111

Re: Introspection

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Kyle Robinson wrote:

>  Has anyone used the concept of introspection with the struts
> framework?  I believe the idea of it is that you write a use bean line
> in your jsp and call the <jsp:setProperty name="blah" property="*">
> and when the form is posted all the properties of object blah get set
> to the values in the form objects that match the names.Tell me if I'm
> way off-base and if this is the opposite direction from Struts or
> not.Kyle Robinson
> Systems Consultant
> Pangaea Systems Inc.
> (250) 360-0111

Struts does this kind of introspection for you automatically when you
use form beans.  If you want to use introspection for your own purposes,
you will definitely want to check out the following classes in the
Struts Javadoc:

    org.apache.struts.util.BeanUtils
    org.apache.struts.util.ConvertUtils
    org.apache.struts.util.PropertyUtils