Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com> on 2000/06/16 23:03:21 UTC

border-width and weird error message

I've got a FO file that was using the border-width attribute on a table-body
element.  The XSL working draft states that valid values for this are a
length or "thin", "medium", or "thick".  For border-width, I specified
"thin".  This results in the following strange error message:
----------------------
FOP 0.12.2 [dev]
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
building formatting object tree
FATAL ERROR: th

Needless to say, the error message didn't help me track down the problem at
all.  :)  It appears that border-width is specified with a datatype of
"Length" in properties.xml.  This is correct, but it also accepts an
enumeration of one of those three values mentioned above.  Is it possible to
specify two different data types for an attribute?  I'd really like to see
this error disappear so I can keep this property in my FO file.  This
change, of course, would need to happen in all of the other border-*-width
properties as well.

- Sean T.