Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Scott Nesbitt <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/19 21:06:58 UTC

fileUpload redirect problem

I am trying to run the example file upload code in BEA
WebLogic 8.1.2, but am getting an error.

All is fine until I try to return from the upload
action class. I do a

return mapping.findForward("Success");

Which should send it back through struts to where this
is present:

<forward name="Success"
 path="/html/upload-success.jsp" />
Sadly, the jsp is never invoked.  Instead, I get this:

13:07:17,653 [ExecuteThread: '199' for queue:
'default'] DEBUG action.RequestProcessor  -
processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=Success,path=/html/upload-success.jsp,redirect=false,contextRelative=false])
<Apr 19, 2004 1:07:17 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP>
<BEA-101018>
<[ServletContext(id=27649252,name=enames,context-path=/enames)]
Servlet failed with ServletException
javax.servlet.ServletException: Original request not
available
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:111)

A google search on "Original request not available"
returns almost nothing.

Any suggestions?  I am running the latest released
code.

Thanks

Scott Nesbitt

Re: fileUpload redirect problem

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
I'm a bit puzzled as to what you're actually doing. You appear to be using
Struts, in which case Struts should be doing all of the file upload handling
for you. If you're trying to use the FileUpload component yourself, in
addition to wha Struts is doing, then that could certainly lead to your
problem.

The error you are seeing looks like it's probably related to the request
already having been consumed, which would happen if FileUpload tried to
parse it more than once, or you tried to chain Struts actions.

If you're not using FileUpload directly, and only using it via Struts, then
you might have more luck with your questions on the Struts user list rather
than here.

--
Martin Cooper