Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Leina Last <ey...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/20 13:02:45 UTC

send textfield value with addPathInfo() ?

Hi

I will appreciate if someone PLEASE can help me.

I have a text field like <input type="text" name="YYYY" value="2003"> and would like to send the value of YYYY to a servlet, making use of addPathInfo().

I tried something like addPathInfo("YYYY",YYYY.value), I also tried calling a javascript something like addPathInfo( "YYYY",getYearValue() ). None of these work.

How can I manage to send a value from a text field making use of addPathInfo() ?

Thank You

Re: send textfield value with addPathInfo() ?

Posted by Denis <br...@mac.com>.
The turbine mailing list will certainly be able to help you.

mailto:turbine-user-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org

-- Denis.

Posted by Leina Last <ey...@yahoo.com>.
Have a look at http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/howto/context-howto.html
with addPathInfo you can send data with a  href link just like HTML form's GET method.
I make use of  $request.getParameter in my servlet.
 Denis <br...@mac.com> wrote:Leina,

What is addPathInfo? Is it a Java method?

If so, you need to have an instance of the class in the context, and do:

$myclass.addPathInfo("YYYY", $request.getParameter("YYYY"))

(I don't know if $request.getParameter exists in your context, it's
just to give you an idea)
Cheers,

-- Denis.

Posted by Denis <br...@mac.com>.