Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@trialox.org> on 2009/01/06 13:54:15 UTC

ConditionalPermissionAdmin: Exceptions before System Bundle gets permissions

Hello

We have a component using ConditionalPermssionAdmin to assign
permissions. The component first gives all permissions to itself and the
to the system bundle. The problem is that we occasionally get security
exception betweene this first two calls to setConditionalPermssionInfo,
by adding a Thread.sleep call between the two calls of
setConditionalPermissionInfo we always get such exceptions.

code:

cpa.setConditionalPermissionInfo(PERMISSIONMANAGER_CPINAME,
new ConditionInfo[]{
    new ConditionInfo(BundleLocationCondition.class.getName(),
    new String[]{cCtx.getBundleContext().getBundle().getLocation()})
},
new PermissionInfo[]{
    new PermissionInfo(
    AllPermission.class.getName(), "", "")
});
try {
    Thread.sleep(1000);
} catch (InterruptedException ex) {
    java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(PermissionManager.class.getName()).
            log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
}
// Don't call slf4j logger here as it reuires the system bundle to have
permissions
cpa.setConditionalPermissionInfo(SYSTEM_BUNDLE_CPINAME,
new ConditionInfo[]{
    new ConditionInfo(
    BundleLocationCondition.class.getName(),
    new String[]{"System Bundle"})
},
new PermissionInfo[]{
    new PermissionInfo(
    AllPermission.class.getName(), "", "")
});

Exceptions:

ERROR: EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch.
(java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(org.osgi.framework.AdminPermission (id=25) metadata))
(org.osgi.framework.AdminPermission (id=25) metadata)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)
    at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.getHeaders(BundleImpl.java:136)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.getHeaders(BundleImpl.java:127)
    at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:210)
    at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.bundleChanged(Activator.java:173)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher$3.run(EventDispatcher.java:683)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.invokeBundleListenerCallback(EventDispatcher.java:680)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:619)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireBundleEvent(EventDispatcher.java:532)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireBundleEvent(Felix.java:3601)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1616)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1544)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1125)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
796 [FelixDispatchQueue] INFO javax.ws.rs - BundleEvent STARTED
801 [FelixDispatchQueue] ERROR org.apache.felix.shell - FrameworkEvent
ERROR (java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(org.osgi.framework.ServicePermission
org.apache.felix.shell.ShellService register))
(org.osgi.framework.ServicePermission
org.apache.felix.shell.ShellService register)
    at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)
    at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
    at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:248)
    at org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator.start(Activator.java:42)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction$Actions.run(SecureAction.java:1088)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:582)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1610)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1544)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1125)
    at
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
ERROR: Error starting slinginstall:org.apache.felix.shell-1.0.1.jar
[...]
(org.osgi.framework.AdminPermission (id=27) metadata))
[...]

Any idea on how to prevent this? Is it possible to enable multiple
ConditionalPermissionInfos simultaneously?

Regards,
Reto

Re: ConditionalPermissionAdmin: Exceptions before System Bundle gets permissions

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@trialox.org>.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. We are using the launchpad from the sling project
(just changed the pom to conatin our bundles), this initialized all the
bundles including the one with our PermissionManager component assigning
the permissions though cpa in no particular order using
BundleContext.installBundle(location, ins), subsequently the bundles are
started in the same order as they are installed using Bundle.start().

Obviously I would favor a solution that does not require changes in the
sling launchpad, there is the possibility (by adding the
PermissionManager to /resources/corebundles in the jar) to make sure the
installBundle is called for our PermissionManager before the other
bundles, I'll check this out and report.

Cheers,
reto

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

<re...@trialox.org> wrote:
> [...]
>    at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireEventImmediately(EventDispatcher.java:619)
>    at
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.EventDispatcher.fireBundleEvent(EventDispatcher.java:532)
>    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.fireBundleEvent(Felix.java:3601)
>    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1616)
>    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1544)
>    at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1125)
>    at
> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
>

> Any idea on how to prevent this? Is it possible to enable multiple
> ConditionalPermissionInfos simultaneously?

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com