Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shiva Sagar Reddy Veeram <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/01 13:36:03 UTC

Replication Latencies Mirrormaker 2

 I’ve noticed the replication latencies are not reset when the destination topic is all caught up and there is no more data to replicate. So polling metrics after still returns the last replication latency that was recorded when there was data. Is there a way to reset the metrics once replication is done ? We use latency for alerting purposes.

Thanks,
Sag

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Replication Latencies Mirrormaker 2

Posted by Ananya Sen <an...@gmail.com>.
I was also facing the same problem. I was using "replication.latency.ms"
jmx metric which does not get reset.
I started using "replication.latency.avg" which resets when there is no new
message to replicate.