Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 23:38:38 UTC

Geronimo Blog

All,
A new Geronimo community blog has been created at http://blogs.apache.org/geronimo/

If you'd like the ability to post to the blog, reply to this email. At
the moment, access is limited to Geronimo committers. If this policy
changes, I'll let everyone know...

--kevan

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
I would like access too.

id:	jaydm
email:	jaydm (at) apache (dot) org

Thanks,

Jay

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> I don't have full admin rights to our weblog. As there is already
> some custom theming, not sure how much customization we can do. Will
> keep it in mind, though. Any suggestions are welcome...

Gavin has it locked down to one standard theme for all projects.  I
had an OpenEJB-specific theme in there at one point, but no longer.

On this note, we'll want to update our front page to pull in our blog
posts as "news" instead of the Confluence news.  Confluence has an rss
macro, but the output is quite ugly.  So ugly I had to write my own
macro.  As soon as we get some content I'll switch us over.

-David

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@gmail.com>.
On 11/03/2009 09:17 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Peter Petersson wrote:
>
>> If you like to brand your Geronimo community blog you can try to
>> apply the theme plugin that contains a "glike" "Geronimo Like" theme
>> I come up with ;) wile working with David on the Geronimo Roller
>> plugin https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/roller/trunk
>>
>> Well it was ages ago (I think it was a pilot geronimo plugin project)
>> so It may need some tweaking to work.
>
> Ah, right. Thanks for the reminder Peter! I did startup the roller
> plugin, just last week. Was an easy way to get a roller instance up
> and running.
>
> I don't have full admin rights to our weblog. As there is already some
> custom theming, not sure how much customization we can do. Will keep
> it in mind, though. Any suggestions are welcome...

Good to here its still kicking ... well if (or when) the project gets
admin rights you have all the source files (custom css, xml, images and
vm files) neatly put together in a geronimo roller theme plugin. It
should give you a jump start in putting together something that have the
same look as the Geronimo front page.
If the blog was running on a Geronimo instance it could have been as
simple as installing the theme plugin to get it up and running ;) but
the roller manual contains details on how to apply custom themes manually.

If you want to take a look here is the theme preview png
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/roller/trunk/roller-themes/src/main/resources/themes/glike/glike-preview.png

regards
    peter petersson

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Geronimo Blog

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
roller ID: gawor
apache email address: gawor@apache.org

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
rollerID : jbohn
apache email address : jbohn at apache.org

Thanks Kevan!

Joe

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Me too. preferred roller id - "dims". Apache Email - "dims AT apache.org"

thanks,
dims

Re: Geronimo Blog

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.