Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com> on 2008/03/06 21:29:42 UTC

STRUTS 2: Possible to have two actions called from one JSP?

I am wondering whether it is possible, and or a good idea, to have two (or
more) struts forms - each calling a DIFFERENT action - on the same JSP?

Would each action have to have the same parameters? Would there be
conflicts? Is this a bad idea?

I could stick to one action, but then I would have some unneccessary methods
firing off (in the prepare sequence) when the second form was submitted.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
John

Re: STRUTS 2: Possible to have two actions called from one JSP?

Posted by Othon Reyes Sanchez <ot...@gmail.com>.
If the forms are exactly in the same JSP and i mean you don't have one form
in a iframe and other form in another iframe, as far as i am concern is not
possible.

But, if you use ajax, then you can send the values of any amount of forms to
the server.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com> wrote:
> I am wondering whether it is possible, and or a good idea, to have two (or
> more) struts forms - each calling a DIFFERENT action - on the same JSP?
>
> Would each action have to have the same parameters? Would there be
> conflicts? Is this a bad idea?

Lots of pages have multiple forms; I'm not sure I understand exactly what the
question is. Any form submits its own parameters to whatever action is
associated with it. Are you having a specific issue?

Dave

Re: STRUTS 2: Possible to have two actions called from one JSP?

Posted by Randy Burgess <RB...@nuvox.com>.
I have a JSP with 2 different forms and different params and they call
different action classes with no problems. In my case the functionality was
similar and creating 2 different pages for it was unnecessary. This page has
a view/edit/delete account form and a create new account form.

Regards,
Randy Burgess
Sr. Web Applications Developer
Nuvox Communications

> From: mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com>
> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:29:42 -0800 (PST)
> To: <us...@struts.apache.org>
> Subject: STRUTS 2: Possible to have two actions called from one JSP?
>

> I am wondering whether it is possible, and or a good idea, to have two (or
> more) struts forms - each calling a DIFFERENT action - on the same JSP?
>
> Would each action have to have the same parameters? Would there be
> conflicts? Is this a bad idea?
>
> I could stick to one action, but then I would have some unneccessary methods
> firing off (in the prepare sequence) when the second form was submitted.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks
> John

This email and any attachments ("Message") may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you please delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of this Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of confidentiality and/or a privilege.