Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Marlin Mixon <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 22:31:01 UTC

Re: problem using jsdom in node

For times like these I've found https://github.com/isaacs/nave to be
super useful.
Well, at least I've confirmed that node.js v0.6.11 doesn't work for
jake in the Linux environment either.  What version of node.js should
I be working with? (BTW, 0.6.11 is the version you get by default when
you go to download a fresh installation).  I've got nave installed so
I can easily install different versions and switch around.  I think
I'll try 0.5.9.

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 16:31, Marlin Mixon <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...  I've got nave installed so
> I can easily install different versions and switch around.  I think
> I'll try 0.5.9.

Not sure if you're aware, but the odd-numbered point releases of node are
"unstable", and the even-numbered ones "stable".

   https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/FAQ

I suspect if we're going to suggest a version people use, it should be a
"stable" one, so ... 0.6.<something>

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org

Re: problem using jsdom in node

Posted by Marlin Mixon <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think I have a theory why I was having problems with node.js 0.5.9
and 0.6.6.  When I initially installed npm I think I didn't have the
path set for any version of node.js.  So what worked was after
switching to node.js 0.6.6, by simply going back and running "npm
install" quickiy got the problem resolved.  So the theory is that npm
never got installed properly.  (Hope this helps others encountering
the same problem).

Marlin

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.