Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2013/11/05 08:34:45 UTC

Re: Re-organise docs

I'm wondering what is wrong with exposing only the latest Draft docs
and just forget about publishing docs on each release? Thus will
simplify keeping page update-2-date and reduce amount of time spend on
preparing new release.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
I assume no objections and I can switch the branch.

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
First draft :-)

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
I have started updating the site, right now moved the whole /dev to
Markdown and moved files to root folder. Please check if everything is
ok - WIP!

http://struts.staging.apache.org/

2014/1/21 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> I don't see objections so I think we can start with that :-)
>
> 2014/1/9 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
>> Infra doesn't have time to answer my questions [1] and it's a bit
>> annoying to wait with everything for them. So to not be dependent on
>> Infra I think we should move / create a user guide under website and
>> left Confluence / Wiki as a reference with more detailed informations.
>> Then the release process will only export the user guide which will be
>> included in packages.
>>
>> And to move things forward the best will be if we convert
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Getting+Started into
>> the user guide.
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6350
>>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Łukasz
>> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>>
>> 2013/12/16 Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>:
>>> Years in the making. WOW! The Wiki documentation finally looks readable!

>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Years in the making. WOW! The Wiki documentation finally looks readable!

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>wrote:

> I have removed custom css, the space looks better now :-)
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Home
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> 2013/12/16 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> > FYI
> >
> > Confluence was upgraded to version 5 and there are some problems with
> > editing pages.
> >

> > Regards
> > --
> > Łukasz
> > + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
> >
> > 2013/12/11 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> >> One more thing: everything editable will be moved to struts-site (i.e.
> >> the new plugin.md) to don't mess with things generated by Maven
> >>
> >> So the project source code will contain only source code and JavaDocs,
> >> the rest will be outside it.
> >>

> >> Regards
> >> --
> >> Łukasz
> >> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> comes

> /docs

> versions.
> of the

> version?

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Re-organise docs

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
I have removed custom css, the space looks better now :-)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Home

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

2013/12/16 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
> FYI
>
> Confluence was upgraded to version 5 and there are some problems with
> editing pages.
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>
> 2013/12/11 Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>:
>> One more thing: everything editable will be moved to struts-site (i.e.
>> the new plugin.md) to don't mess with things generated by Maven
>>
>> So the project source code will contain only source code and JavaDocs,
>> the rest will be outside it.
>>

>> Regards
>> --
>> Łukasz
>> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/
>>
>> 2013/12/11 Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>:
>>> Sounds good to me. The easier the better.

>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul

Re: Re-organise docs