Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2008/04/14 04:57:13 UTC

New Textile-J-based markup plugins on the Roller Support site

Users, like me, who like to write their entries using simplified
wiki-like markup syntax, may be interested in the following.

I've placed a collection of new weblog entry rendering plugins on the
Roller Support site.  These new plugins are based on the support for
various different markup languages (not just Textile!) in the Textile-J
library (see https://textile-j.dev.java.net/).

The current Textile-J library provides support for Textile, Confluence,
MediaWiki, and TracWiki markup syntax, and all of these have been
exposed through a set of plugins in one jar.  You can read more about it
here:

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Javanet/RollerTextileJPlugins

These are currently in a draft/experimental state.   Feel free to try
them out and comment.

Because I am not sure about the fine-grained compatibility between
interpretation of Textile markup in Textile4J and Textile-J, the new
Textile plugin returns a different identifier string in its getName()
call, which means it is considered a different plugin, rather than a
replacement.  If you have old entries specifying the older plugin, the
old plugin will continue to be used for those; entries specifying the
new plugin will use the new one.

Once I've done some more testing, I plan to add a separate version that
can serve as a stand-in replacement for the older one if people choose
to load it; it can be loaded by those who want just one Textile
implementation and are willing to live with any minor incompatibilities
in its interpretation of Textile markup in their older entries.

--a.

p.s.  Please read the LICENSE.TXT document in the plugin distribution.
The materials on the Roller Support site are not provided by or
distributed by the Apache Software Foundation.  While the plugin code is
licensed under the Apache License 2.0, the Textile-J library is LGPL.

Re: New Textile-J-based markup plugins on the Roller Support site

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Very cool. Four new plugins in one!

- Dave