Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/09/06 21:53:36 UTC

Please review/comment on Apache Podling report for Sept. 2018

OpenWhiskers,

As can be seen on recent automated posts to the dev list, we are a bit
behind in submitting our quarterly report; therefore, I would appreciate a
quick turnaround for comment/review on our Cwiki of the draft I produced.

2018-09 September (draft):
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=89071856

I intend to ask our mentors to approve the contents, following addressing
any comments, by EOD tomorrow and moving the final draft to the Incubator
wiki.

Thanks for your help in getting this turned around quickly and apologies
for being away at conferences where this fell off my radar.

Kind regards,
Matt

Re: Please review/comment on Apache Podling report for Sept. 2018

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> 2018-09 September (draft):
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=89071856

It's now at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2018 - thanks
for a very extensive report!

Would it make sense to move some of that information to regular blog
posts meant for the community? I think a lot of what's in there can be
relevant to keep the community updated in a more visible place than
Board minutes - and such blog posts can then also be linked from
future Board reports.

The project can get a blog under https://blogs.apache.org/ just by asking.

-Bertrand

Re: Please review/comment on Apache Podling report for Sept. 2018

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 11:53 PM Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> 2018-09 September (draft):
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=89071856 ...

+1 to this report, thank you!

-Bertran

Re: Please review/comment on Apache Podling report for Sept. 2018

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Would be great if someone could submit this as it is past due and time is needed for mentor sign-off and review.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Please review/comment on Apache Podling report for Sept. 2018

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt

Thanks again for driving such a detail report.

Same comment as Rob at the top, about the releases.

For the Infra VMs to do integration testing using Apache Jenkins, Adobe
gave a donation towards getting VMs assigned to OpenWhisk and Infra is in
the process of setting them up more details in the Infra ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16668?filter=-2

For runtimes in addition of balerina we also now have ruby
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-runtime-ruby

-- Carlos

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Rob Allen <ro...@akrabat.com>.
Hi Matt,

I've read through and didn't spot anything obviously wrong. Presumably you're waiting on someone to fill out the list of released components near the top?

Regards,

Rob

--
Development thoughts at http://akrabat.com