Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk> on 2012/01/19 00:44:33 UTC

POI Java programming Questions

At the moment, POI stands at v3.8 beta 5.

I have used up to version 3.7, and I have found problems such as:

-Programming java code to draw a graph based on a range of cells relative to another one
and insert the graph as an image object embedded in file on a particular Excel Worksheet.

-Exporting said Excel graph as a jpg, gif or bmp file.

-Changing and inserting different Fonts and sizes for brand new CharacterRuns
 in an MS Word text document (Typical XP format).

-Similarly inserting, sizing and resizing, and exporting gif, jpg, gif file
images.  As well as anchoring the image to a "text cursor location"
as well as a free floating image, as well as the consequences of having
images partly or fully over the top of other images.

-How do these shortfalls stand?  Is the present version yet capable of this
at the moment, using the POI API easily exposed to the Java Programmer?

Re: POI Java programming Questions

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Yes, contributions in any form are always welcomed.

POI is volunteer project and the functionality you are looking for was
contributed in different times by different people. It is not yet
finished but it does not mean it will always be so. Join the project
and help us to improve it!

Yegor

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.

Posted by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk>.
Are there any humans out there involved in this project who can just directly answer my questions,
pertaining to Java POI at the stage it is presently at?

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.