Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com> on 2015/07/01 04:40:14 UTC

ApacheCon Core & Big Data EU

Hi all!

In case you missed it, the Call for Proposals ends tomorrow (July 1) for ApacheCon: Core EU in Budapest, October 1-2:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-core-europe/program/cfp

Apache: Big Data EU is the 3 days prior, September 28 - 30th in the same location. It's CfP ends on the 10th: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-core-europe/program/cfp

I've submitted one talk to both, and would encourage anyone considering submitting to hurry up and do so! ;)

I asked around in IRC and there's a handful of folks submitting. I'd love to see if we could land a "mini-summit" for Apache CouchDB-which would essentially amount to our having about 6 talks accepted so we'd have our own track.

Regardless, I'd love to get as many of as can together at ApacheCon to meet-up, exchange notes, and dive deeper into the cushions of CouchDB. There's so much great stuff happening for CouchDB right now, it really just needs vocal champions. :)

If you submit, it'd be great to know here on the list, so we can get a sense of who's hoping to go-as that might give us the opportunity for a "mini-summit" or BarCamp Apache space or some such.

Thanks, all!
Benjamin
--
bigbluehat@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>
http://bigbluehat.com/

Re: ApacheCon Core & Big Data EU

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@cloudant.com>.
Hi!

I submitted a proposal about Fauxton.

- Michelle

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
I have two talks submitted, one is a tutorial for CouchDB 2.0 (Big Data)
and one is on Communities and Codes of Conduct (Core).

My arm could be twisted to propose a third, but without a funding source
to attend (TAC is still down and I haven't heard back from the Linux
foundation) I will be unable to attend.

-Joan