Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/02/25 00:23:02 UTC

[ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

The jars, the installers and all are read at a mirror near you.

Enjoy,
Alex

P.S. Trustin your lil script saved me an hour dude! Thanks!

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm also having problems getting the artifacts from remote
repositories (during both mvn install and mvn eclipse). I do not know
if it's because of my DNS problems or maven repository problems. But
what's a pain is that sometimes only one pom prevents me from building
the entire project or eclipsizing it.

--
Ersin

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Ersin Er wrote:

>Well, you're right. There is a problem. Here:
>
>The version of apacheds-server-main is 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT as it's
>inheriting from its parent:
>
><project>
>  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>  <parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
>    <artifactId>build</artifactId>
>    <version>1.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>  </parent>
>  <artifactId>apacheds-server-main</artifactId>
>  <name>ApacheDS Server Main</name>
>
>It specifies daemon-bootstrappers as a dependency with the following lines:
>
><dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.directory.daemon</groupId>
>      <artifactId>daemon-bootstrappers</artifactId>
>      <version>${pom.version}</version>
></dependency>
>
>So, version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT of daemon-bootstrappers is expected.
>However there is no such artifact. Because it's version is 1.0-RC1 as
>written in its pom:
>
><project>
>  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>  <parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.directory.daemon</groupId>
>    <artifactId>build</artifactId>
>    <version>1.0-RC1</version>
>  </parent>
>  <artifactId>daemon-bootstrappers</artifactId>
>  <name>Apache Directory Daemon Bootstrappers</name>
>
>This should be fixed urgently.
>
>The man's responsible for one week doco and unit test writing, hehe.

That would be me.  :(.  I told you I would mess up tomorrow yesterday
didn't I.  Ok I will start on doco and tests for the next week no code.

Alex

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Ersin

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I still have a pb when running mvn eclipse:eclipse on the trunks :

> Downloading:
> http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/directory/server/apacheds-server-ssl/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/apacheds-server-ssl-1.1.0-20060225.180044-2.jar
>
> 5K downloaded
> [INFO]
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> required artifacts missing:
>  org.apache.directory.daemon:daemon-bootstrappers:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> for the artifact:
>  org.apache.directory.server:apacheds-server-main:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  mirrormax.mirror (http://apache.mirrormax.net/apache/maven-repository/),
>  safehaus (http://m2.safehaus.org),
>  apache.snapshots (http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
>  seekmeup.mirror (http://apache.seekmeup.com/apache/maven-repository/),
>  playboy.mirror (http://mirrors.playboy.com/apache/maven-repository/)
>
> Sorry if I didn't investigated this farther, but my brain is dead
> tonite (big flue). I will try to recover and check it tomorrow.

No worries bro.  Give it another try I just deployed all the jars.  I
think this is the issue.  You should always run mvn install
eclipse:eclipse btw just in case.  I do this always to avoid bombing out.

Alex

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 2/26/06, Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried a mvn install in trunks first ?

Right.  running mvn install first before runing mvn eclipse:eclipse makes
our life much easier.  It's because we're lazy enough to skip deploying
artifacts after we bump up version numbers.  Yes, it takes too long to
deploy the whole artifacts for now, so the deployment isn't often executed
by everyone.  For the time being until this problem (deployment speed) is
resolved by the Maven team, let's just run mvn install first.

The biggest problem is actually that the permission is not set properly when
we deploy the artifacts.  This is really annoying and should be fixed very
very soon.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Ersin

mvn eclipse:eclipe pb

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com>.
Likewise!

John

Posted by Nick Faiz <ni...@gmail.com>.
Congrat.s!

1.0-RC1 doco

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

we had a convo with Ersin about doco and site. The problem is how do we
manage multi-version site. We will have soon a 1.0 version out and a 1.1
on its way, and we will have to manage those 2 versions. Some parts of
the doco are commons, some other will differ.

Another concern is the encapsulating site.

We have some idea about those concerns, but it would be really cool if
you can give us your opinion.

What we think is that the main site should be common and cross version,
like the Tomcat site or the Httpd site (ie : the doco for each version
is an entry in the menu). This drove us to the point that we need to
gather all those commons part into a new project, or at least a separate
sub-project (like naming) which will live it's own life.

This is a short abstract of the idea we have had, and we wanted to share
them with the community. From now on, as this is something that matter
to the whole community, it's much better if we discuss them on the ML
than on a private channel.

So, wdyt ?

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Ole Ersoy wrote:

>OK - Cool.
>
>I'll start kicking the tires and proof the existing
>documents.

Nice! Thanks Ole.

>If I find any discrepancies, should I just post them
>to this list or send them so someone in particular?

We'll take anything we can get.   But the best thing to do would be to
supply a patch for the fix to the documentation xdocs.

Alex

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

>OK - Cool.
>
>I'll start kicking the tires and proof the existing
>documents.
>
>If I find any discrepancies, should I just post them
>to this list or send them so someone in particular?

Hi Ole,

Whatever you like ! But I think the best could be to add a JIRA
(improvment) to be sure that your add is not lost forever in the ML :).

For instance, create un new JIRA (doco fixes), and when you find a new
error, or want to add something new, just re-open it and add a new comment.

I don't know for you guys, but it seems a good way to keep a track of
your modifications.

And thanks a lot for the proposal !

PS: If Jira is in bad shape, just post to the ML. Jira has drove a bumpy
road lately...

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
OK - Cool.

I'll start kicking the tires and proof the existing
documents.

If I find any discrepancies, should I just post them
to this list or send them so someone in particular?

Yes I am using the Sun JNDI LDAP provider and thanks
for the configuration tip.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Re: Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
We changed our distribution directory structure today so you will be able to
access them again from mirrors within a couple days.

HTH,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Docs (was Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Ole Ersoy wrote:

> Incidentally, I could not help but notice that we
> think we need documentation.
>
> I'll be glad to throw together some apt files and help
> with this.  Is there a prioritized list of documents
> that we need and is there a "formal" process for doing
> this?

Ole, this sounds great! Although the "official" docs are probably more
important now, you might like to look at a skeleton for a tutorial as well.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/The+Apache+Directory+Tutorial

Mostly a structure at first, but some parts are already suitable for
viewing, e.g.
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Connecting+to+Apache+Directory+Server
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Integrate+the+directory+in+Thunderbird

I started it in Oct/Nov 2005, unfortunately I currently have not enough
time to add more content (I write a book until end of march), but
perhaps at least some ideas/content are interesting for you. Later on
(April+), we may  continue this effort, which is targeted to newbies
with few LDAP skills, later on.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: [ApacheDS] It's done 1.0-RC1 has been signed and released

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Hey Guys,

http://mail.yahoo.com