Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by James McCarthy <ja...@webxi.com> on 2000/02/29 18:03:53 UTC

Context Loading Problems

I have found a few problems with Context loading which I believe are bugs. I
moved to my Linux machine so I could get around my earlier context loading
problems and I found a few more.

1. You will get an exception if your WEB-INF directory does not have a
classes directory. After adding a classes directory I got around this
problem. I do not believe that this should be required but it is a minor
issue.

2. In my WEB-INF directory I have a lib directory with a jar file. The
Context loader seems to find this file but when it creates the full path
reference it does not add the "lib" directory so it is trying to locate the
jar file within the WEB-INF rather than WEB-INF/lib.

Let me know if you would rather have me put these in the Bug system in the
future, I would be more than happy to do so.

Jim McCarthy
WebXi, Inc.
http://www.webxi.com/

Re: Context Loading Problems

Posted by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com>.
James McCarthy wrote:

> Let me know if you would rather have me put these in the Bug system in the
> future, I would be more than happy to do so.

Yes, please. That'd make it useful to not forget and track it till it is
resolved.

> Jim McCarthy
> WebXi, Inc.
> http://www.webxi.com/